9.27.2007

Omar Hunter:
“I know they could use me and some of the others (guys) who have committed. I mean they are struggling but I am still rooting them on. But honestly I am surprised they are 0-4. I didn’t expect that. I am definitely still solid with Notre Dame even though USC just offered me in writing (yesterday) and Florida and Georgia have stayed on me".

It's good that he still feels strong about his decision. My personal worry is that once the Irish get beat again and again, will guys like Hunter continue to have Notre Dame on their list? Charlie needs to work for the future, but the future begins on the field the next few weeks. Hunter will be in town during the USC game. Nobody is so blind as to think the Irish can beat the Trojans, but a good game played by the Defense will go a long long way in the recruiting process.
Corwin and Charlie need to show that the kids are improving week after week. So far that has not been the case. The Defense has played good in spots, but nothing has been put together for the entire game.

Charlie has shown he can change and is willing to adapt. When asked about going back to training camp.

“I would have to think about that next year. All that I do know is doing this in practice has helped our physicality. So it is something I would definitely have to entertain.”

If the program continues to plummet like it has this season, the top recruits will start to Wander and wonder if this is all worth it. So Hopefully this Saturday will start the beginning of the new Irish program. If not, the Florida's, USC's and OSU's will begin to peck away at our Top guys.

This is actually the first weekend I feel like something can happen. Maybe it's because the Boiler's are not a scary opponent, but whatever the reason is, it feels good to "FEEL GOOD".

No comments:

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.