6.05.2007

Another one for Chuck...

This Brings tears to my eyes. Charlie has the mystique of ND on the way back. It has been a very long time since top recruits are looking at ND first. Like Bengal fans not wanting to give up their season tickets becuase "One Day, they will be back", These new recruits in 2007 and 2008 want to be part of the "Return to Glory" of Notre Dame Football.

“The hardest part is going to be calling Michigan and telling them I committed to Notre Dame. That’s going to be the toughest thing.”

Defensive tackle shuns Michigan for Notre Dame
Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
June 05, 2007

Michigan's loss is Notre Dame's gain.

The Notre Dame football team picked up its 14th oral commitment for the Class of 2008 in defensive tackle Omar Hunter. The 6-foot-1, 295-pounder made 85 tackles and had six sacks last season for Buford (Ga.) High School.

'I'm going to Notre Dame,' Hunter told IrishIllustrated.com. 'When I was there, it just reminded me so much of Buford, my hometown. It was real small and I had a good feel when I was there. I had a good time.


'All along, I always thought Michigan was the place for me. But one visit to Notre Dame was enough.'

Hunter told the Web site that playing time was a factor in his choice.

'I think I can play early there,' he said. 'If not my freshman year, then as a sophomore.'

Omar Hunter Picks Irish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great impression he has made on me already, He is Irish

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.