2.25.2007

Notre Dame Academics

Is your school cheating itself? -- (SN)

Brady Quinn -- (SBT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pump you up
One of the more helpful influences to Quinn during the pre-draft process has been former Ohio State linebacker and current brother-in-law A.J. Hawk of the Green Bay Packers.

Until recently, that is.

"He gave me some guidelines, some things to do," Quinn said of Hawk, "but he kind of messed with me a little bit last night."

Hawk told Quinn that not only would he be measured to the eighth of an inch in height and to the half-pound in weight, but the combine workers would also measure his biceps and announce the results.

"He told me to make sure I got a couple of good curls in," Quinn related. "I said, 'Really they measure your biceps?' And he said, 'Oh yeah, they measure your calves -- everything.'

"So I was sitting there thinking for a second about getting pumped up before I went out there, and he started laughing and said, 'Nah I'm just kidding.'

I told him, 'If you're going to tell that to someone, tell Darius Walker, because that's who I'm rooming with.'"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.