1.26.2007

Recruit Profile

Steve Paskorz--Big, Physical and versatile. Something the Irish need in the coming years.

SCOUT.COM

Notre Dame commitment Steve Paskorz typifies the type of player the Irish coaches are bringing into the program. The standout from Hampton high school (Allison Park, Pa.) has the athleticism to play multiple positions and his attitude is all about winning.

He is 6-foot-2, 220 pounds and has fought his way through two injuries during the past year. Now that he is healthy he’s focusing on being prepared for the next stage of his career.

Paskorz built his reputation as being a physical, punishing running back throughout high school. He certainly has the ability to work into the backfield rotation at Notre Dame, but the Notre Dame staff intends to use him on the defensive side of the ball.

Steve is anxious to get rolling at Notre Dame, but until he reports he is going to enjoy his final days of high school.

“I think I’m going to enjoy being a regular student the last couple months,” he said. “I thought about the early graduation thing, but you just miss a lot of high school things and that’s just something I don’t want to do. I might take a couple visits to Notre Dame, because I know a couple students that are from around my area. I’ll definitely make it to the spring game.”

No comments:

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.